Kruger National Park Calendar - August
- cool mornings and cold evenings
- temperatures & humidity rise during the day
- between 12°C - 28°C (Fahrenheit: e.g. 28°C = [(28x9)]/5 + 32 = 82.4°F)
- visit our webcam page for live footage from Kruger National Park!
- bush extremely dry
- landscape a yellow hue through flowering knobthorn, cassias and other
- veld often overgrassed, especialy around watering holes etc.
- game congrates around watering holes, rivers etc.
- elephant numbers at their highest in northern Kruger
- earliest summer migrant birds arrive
- local raptors breeding
- weakest animals die of thirst or from predators
Source: TravelComments.com Official Blog