eSwatini eases entry requirements for fully vaccinated travellers
The Government of eSwatini has amended the entry requirements for travellers intending to visit the country. According to the Covid-19 operation guidance at the Points of Entry in the Kingdom of eSwatini, issued by the country's Ministry of Health, all travellers arriving at eSwatini's Ports of Entry who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 must upon arrival at the Port of Entry produce a valid vaccination certificate (hard or electronic). Travellers who are unvaccinated against Covid-19 must upon arrival at the Port of Entry provide a valid certificate of a negative Covid-19 test, recognised by the WHO (World Health Organisation), which was obtained not more than 72 hours before the date of travel.
- "Fully vaccinated" means complete doses of a vaccine, i.e. two doses for a two-dose vaccine, and one dose for a one-dose vaccine.
- Vaccination cards are not allowed at eSwatini's Ports of Entry; only the Vaccination Certificates are allowed.
- Outbound travellers from eSwatini must also comply with requirements of the airlines and the country of transit and destination.
- Children under 12 years are exempted from the above measures.
- In addition, all travellers, upon arrival at eSwatini's Ports of Entry will be subject to being screened for the following:
- Symptoms of Covid-19
- Temperature checks
- Health declaration form
- Travellers may be required to undergo a quarantine not exceeding 14 days or isolation as advised by the Port Health Officers.